Mandated by COAA and with support from Energy Safety Canada, this Committee stewards the updating and evolution of the Canadian Model (alcohol and drug guidelines and work rule) for the heavy industrial construction and turnaround sector, plus the energy operating and maintenance sectors:
- Maintain watching brief regarding emerging issues, legal context, technology advances, etc.
- Issue ad hoc clarifications or minor revisions/additions as needed
- Undertake major updates, in consultation with stakeholders, as needed or at minimum every five to eight years
Comprised of senior leaders with corporate responsibility for workplace A&D policy, the committee also serves
as a forum for sharing of learnings, implementation strategies, emerging trends, educational resources and
policy innovations for the good of the industry as a whole.
- Cynthia Lee, Suncor
- Scott Desautels, Enbridge
- Neil Tidsbury, Chair Emeritus
- Otto Bertignoli, Petronas
- Sigfrid Santiago, TC Energy